In preparing students for success, Peru State College advisors empower students to engage in individual career exploration, foster growth through high expectations and enhance retention through personal discovery. Advisors facilitate the path towards personal and professional achievement through serving as a mentor to the whole student.
Learn More about Peru State Resources for Students
Common Advising Forms and Requests
- Course prerequisite waiver: Contact the Dean of the School offering the course.
- Excess credit appeals: Contact the Dean of the School in which the student is majoring.
- COLL 101 waiver: Contact the Dean of the School in which the student is majoring.
- Directed Study: Contact the Dean of the School in which the student is majoring.
For Further Reading
- Stop Calling it a Minor (Sadegh, 2017)
"I gathered a small group of students and challenged them to make a connection between their academic majors and minors. With some prompting, they did. And afterward, almost without exception, they were more confident that pursuing a minor was not 'just a waste of time.'"
- NACADA: NACADA promotes student success by advancing the field of academic advising globally. We provide opportunities for professional development, networking, and leadership for our diverse membership.