Teaching Students to Write
Writing Resources for Faculty
- Working with Multilingual Student Writers (Purdue University)
- College-Level Instructor Resources (Purdue University)
- Council of Writing Program Administrators Framework for Teaching Postsecondary Writing
- Defining and Avoiding Plagiarism: The WPA Statement on Best Practices
Writing Resources for Students
For Further Reading
- Why I Don’t Ask Students to Write the Thesis Statement First (Curzan, 2017)"I believe that if a student already knows the thesis before starting the process of drafting the essay, it is probably not that interesting a thesis."
- Why All Faculty Need to Consider Teaching Writing Their Responsibility (Goldberger, 2014)"More controversial — and not in everyone’s playbook -- is the idea that teaching writing skills cannot be delegated to a few courses, e.g., first-year composition courses, literature courses, and designated “W” (writing-intensive) courses."