Faculty Development Series, 2017-18
All faculty are invited to attend any or all of the 2017-18 events.
Tuesday, Sept. 5, 3:30 p.m. or Wednesday, Sept. 6
New Features of Blackboard
TJ Majors 202
Thursday, Sept. 7, 11:00 a.m. or 3:30 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 29, 1:00 p.m.
TJ Majors 114N
Wednesday, Oct. 11, 3:30 p.m.
TJ Majors, 202
Friday, Oct. 27, 1:00 p.m.
Rank Promotion and Tenure Process
CATS Conference Room
Friday, March 23rd 1:00-3:00 PM CST
Rubrics (1 session for both beginners and power/advanced users)
- Discuss basic workflows for creating Rubrics
- How to associate Rubrics to Assignments/Discussions/Tests
- Grading with a Rubric
Friday, March 30th 9:30-11:30 AM CST
Designing Course Structure (1 session for beginners)
- Beginning session covers basics of Course Menu and Course Design; establishing Content Areas, Tool Links, and Web Links
Seating is limited, so please e-mail us at DistanceEducation@peru.edu and cc KBlobaum@peru.edu if you want to reserve a seat for either one or both of these sessions.
The trainings are remote sessions using Blackboard Collaborate that you can attend from your home or office, but we have also reserved the SPS computer lab if you want to attend the session/s in the computer lab. Please let us know if you plan to attend in the Computer Lab or from home/office when you send an RSVP to Distance Education and cc Kevin Blobaum to sign up for these training events.
Once you have signed up, we will register you for the event/s and send you an email confirmation that we received your request. Prior to the date/time for each scheduled session access information will be sent to your Peru email account.
Additional training sessions for the remainder of the Spring term are listed below. To register for any of these sessions, please send Distance Education and Kevin Blobaum an e-mail listing the sessions you wish to attend.
Friday, April 6th 9:30-11:30 AM CST
Creating and Managing Assignments (1 session for beginners)
- Basics of setting up Assignments
- Implications for course design (i.e., where to house assignments in course)
- Grading Assignments via Needs Grading
Tuesday, April 10th 10:45- 12:45 CST
Creating and Managing Tests & Surveys (1 session for both beginners and power/advanced users)
- Basics for setting up Tests/Surveys
- Best practices for incorporating Question Types
- Best practices for Test delivery
- Using Random Blocks
- Using Item Analysis
Friday, April 13th 9:30-11:30 AM CST
Designing Course Structure (1 session for power/advanced users)
- Beginning session covers basics of Course Menu and Course Design; establishing Content Areas, Tool Links, and Web Link
- Advanced session can discuss best practices for course design and next steps (i.e., using Course Links, developing a Welcome/Start Here page, etc.)
Friday, April 20th 1:00-3:00 PM CST
Goals and Goal Alignment (1 session for faculty)
- Provides faculty training on how to align course content to existing Goals in the system
Friday, April 27th 9:30-11:30 AM CST
Mastering the Grade Center (1 session for both beginners and power/advanced users)
- Basics of setting up the Grade Center
- Establishing the Grade Schema
- Column Organization
- Calculating grades (i.e., Total Column vs Weighted Column)
If you have additional topics you would like to see discussed or if you would like to present on any of these or other topics, contact the VPAA .