Peru State College takes pride in the excellent teaching provided by its faculty. The resources linked below and on the left will help you develop strategies to effectively design your courses, engage your students and handle difficulties that may come your way. Specific questions about teaching should be discussed with your Dean.
- Beginning the Semester
- Ending the Semester
- Classroom Engagement Strategies
- Grading and Evaluating Student Work
- Tutoring at Peru State
- Peru State College Library Faculty Resources
Dealing with Difficulties
Choosing Instructional Resources
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Curriculum Builder Information (EBSCO): OneSearch: Curriculum Builder is a resource available in Blackboard to help you create reading lists for your students.
- PrepStep provides a variety of resources you could include in your courses.
- Quick Start Guide
- What is PrepSTEP?
Developing Information Literacy
- EMPOWER – Interactive online modules that go through the 5 standards of Information Literacy.
- PrepStep includes a tutorial on information literacy.
- For library instruction in your class, contact Veronica Meier, Library Director, to schedule it.
- Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
- Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
- ACRL Framework for Information Literacy Sandbox: A Platform and Repository for Sharing Framework Materials